Friday, January 14, 2011

Sally Cookie

Last summer I went to see my favorite cartoonist, Nicole Hollander of Sylvia fame, speak at the Enoch Pratt Library. She mentioned that her cat, Sally Cookie, had passed away. I offered to do a pet portrait for her in thanks for all the hours of enjoyment & affirmation that Sylvia has given me over the years. Nicole is sending me a cartoon in appreciation of my painting of Sally Cookie. Cat art to cat art!

"I was speaking at the Enoch Pratt Free Library in the Edgar Allan Poe room. Very beautiful library in Baltimore which is kept in fine shape by a long list of well-know authors. At the end of the evening a young woman called Spoon Popkin, the last name she assures me is real, offered to paint Sally Cookie as a gift for me. Sally nudged me from beyond and said "say yes and thank you, don't fumble around." So I did and soon it will be here. Thank you, Spoon.- Nicole Hollander"

Here's a link to Nicole's Blog Edgycat

1 comment:

Ash Green said...

Thanks for such a nice content. Apppreciate it :)
Cheers
If anyone interested similar one's have a look here https://petcareio.com thanks